WE VALUE YOUR PRIVACY.
This Notice describes how we protect, collect, use, and share customer information. Customer information means all nonpublic information related to an identified individual, which is sometimes called personally identifiable information. Customer information does not include anonymized data or de-identified data, which do not identify an individual.
OUR PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
- We do not sell customer information.
- We do not allow those who are doing business on our behalf to use our customer information for their own marketing purposes.
- We contractually require any person or organization providing products or services on our behalf to protect AffordaCare Insurance customer information.
- We do not share customer medical information with AffordaCare Insurance:
- You expressly authorize it
- OR it is permitted or required by law
- OR Your insurance policy contract with us permits us to do so.
WE PROTECT CUSTOMER INFORMATION
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect customer information and to comply with federal and state laws. In addition, we review our policies and practices, monitor our computer networks, and test the strength of our security.
We retain customer information for legal, auditing, regulatory, and business purposes.
We collect customer information in different ways. For example, we gather information from:
- applications and other forms related to our products and through conversations with AffordaCare Insurance representatives, including our agents.
- use of affordacareinsurance.com, our mobile sites and applications, our social media sites and applications, and interactions with our online advertisements.
- transactions or experiences with us, such as payments, underwriting, and claims.
- within the AffordaCare Insurance family of companies.
- non-AffordaCare Insurance parties, including consumer reporting agencies that provide us with information such as driving records, claim histories, and credit information.
HOW WE USE CUSTOMER INFORMATION
While we (AffordaCare Insurance) does not issue or underwrite policies, the insurance(s) companies you are applying for coverage and/or receiving coverage from will need to do things such as:
- underwrite and rate your policies and accounts.
- process your claims.
- protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions.
- provide proper billing.
- confirm your identity and service your policies and accounts.
- enhance your customer experience and improve our products and services.
- offer you other insurance and financial services products.
- develop and offer new products and services.
- develop either anonymized data or de-identified data by making reasonable efforts to remove personally identifiable information so the information is no longer customer information. We develop this data for certain purposes, such as analysis to understand more about our customers and our industry, or for other commercial purposes as permitted by law. We share and use this data within our AffordaCare Insurance family of companies, with third party service providers, or with other unaffiliated entities.
- perform other activities as required or permitted by law.
HOW WE SHARE CUSTOMER INFORMATION
We share customer information, including information about our transactions with you (such as payments) and experiences with you (such as an dental claim), within our AffordaCare Insurance family of companies who we represent and sell their products that you are applying for coverage and/or have or had coverage through to help meet your product and service needs. We share customer information inside or outside our family of companies:
- for our everyday business purposes, for public policy purposes, and as permitted or required by law.
- as needed, to handle your claim. For example, we may share name, address, and coverage information with a dentist if requested from you in writing.
- with consumer reporting agencies, for example, during the underwriting process.
- in connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, transfer, or exchange of all or a portion of our business or operating unit.
- with companies that perform marketing or other services for us or with whom we have joint marketing agreements. These agreements allow us to provide a broader selection of insurance and financial products to you.
- as needed, to protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions and in connection with the investigation, establishment, and defense of legal rights.
INFORMATION FOR INTERNET, MOBILE, AND SOCIAL MEDIA USERS
In addition to the information collection and sharing practices described above, AffordaCare Insurance website properties and mobile applications may use common tracking technologies like browser cookies, “Local Shared Objects” (such as “Flash” cookies), analytical tools, device IDs, or other technologies. We also collect certain technical information about the device you use to access our site or services, such as user-agent, timestamp, hardware type, language and time zone settings, IP address, OS type and version, and installed fonts. Our mobile and social media applications will contain a statement describing what information is collected from your use of that particular application. Currently, we do not support the necessary technology to respond to Web browser “do not track” signals or other, comparable mechanisms. Learn more about our ads and tracking activities.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Please contact your agent for name/address changes or policy/coverage questions.
If you have questions about this Notice, you may contact us with questions about this Notice by:
- writing us at:AffordaCare Insurance Attention: Enterprise Compliance & Ethics – Office of Privacy 17300 Dallas Pkwy Suite 2065, Dallas TX 75248
Residents of California: We may collect customer information from persons other than the individual or individuals applying for coverage. Such customer information as well as other personal or privileged information subsequently collected may, in certain circumstances, be disclosed to third parties without your authorization as permitted by law. If you would like additional information about the collection and disclosure of customer information, please contact your AffordaCare Insurance agent. You may also act upon your right to see and correct any customer information in your AffordaCare Insurance files by writing your AffordaCare Insurance agent to request this access.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM THE PEOPLE THAT VISIT OUR BLOG, WEBSITE OR APP?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
- We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
- We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
- We do not use malware scanning.
- We do not use an SSL certificate — we only provide articles and information. We never ask for personal or private information like names, email addresses, or credit card numbers.
If you turn cookies off, Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We have implemented the following:
• Remarketing with Google AdSense
• Google Display Network Impression Reporting
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Can change your personal information by emailing us.
HOW DOES OUR SITE HANDLE DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
DOES OUR SITE ALLOW THIRD-PARTY BEHAVIORAL TRACKING?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (CHILDREN ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13-years-old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal
Trade Commission, United States; consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13-years-old.
FAIR INFORMATION PRACTICES
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM ACT
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
TO BE IN ACCORDANCE WITH CANSPAM, WE AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at [email protected] and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
- Website: www.affordacareinsurance.com
- Headquarters: 17300 Dallas Pkwy Suite 2065, Dallas TX 75248
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 800-291-5279
Last Edited: 2020-06-03